13 August 2010

The Journey begins: At Domodevo Airport, Moscow

Date: 13 Aug 2010
Status: In Transit. Bored.

It's 9.30am local time (+4hours GMT) and I've just landed in Moscow. I found myself a cosy spot sitting on the floor near gate 10 waiting to board for the next leg of the journey. The transit lounge in Moscow does not have enough seats to accommodate all the passengers. Of course not. It's Russia!
I left Singapore yesterday evening - well actually early this morning Singapore time - eventually in a good mood and in anticipation of the adventures ahead. It had been a couple of days of running around to make teh final arrangements before the 5-week trip to Venezuela and Peru.
As I was queueing to board the plane yesterday in Singapore, I suddenly hear a familiar voice saying "Taitti, is that you?" Took me a while to recognise the man in his pilot uniform - when i met Darren the week before in Manado he was mostly wearing a wetsuit. Now he was going to fly the plane I was taking to Moscow! What a great start for my Big Trip - the pilot is my dive buddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment