06 September 2010

The Sweetness of Backpacker Hostels

I've been pretty comfy in my Flying Dog Hostel in Cusco. Backpacker places are just so cosy. Here I am, sitting in the lobby lounge with my laptop, connected to the wireless, enjoying a free cup of tea or a (not quite as free) beer,  looking through what my friends have been up to on FB and updating my blog.

The breakfast here is good and you can even cook omelets yourself to top it up if you don't find coffee, tea, bread and cereals enough to start a day. Eggs in the shop next door cost 3 soles (1 dollar) for 3.The boy from reception even ran to buy them for me this morning - I did not even need to ask him to! I'm obviously in someone's good books.

They also give you really warm blankets - suits Princess Holmstrom. It's also been pretty quiet here. Yesterday I had two other people in my dorm but now I again am the Queen of the Dorm with 4 beds just for Taitti. Life is good. Chill, sleep, blog, drink beer. Eat. Sleep more. Talking about which - I'm going to bed now.

No comments:

Post a Comment